Monday, March 2, 2009

Jakarta and Bandung (20 - 24 February 2009

Hello World!

Wan and I just got back from Jakarta and Bandung.

My good ol' hubby booked the tickets from MAS during their RM 0 promotion campaign, so here's what we paid for airplane ticket (KLIA - Soekarno-Hatta International Jakarta)

Net price: MYR 0.00
Total Taxes and Surcharges: MYR 494.00
Total Flight Price: MYR 494.00
Total paid: MYR 494.00

About MYR 500 for two person to Jakarta, that's quite affordable, right? Even for cheapskates low-budget travellers like us. We went there with four friends. Three ladies are Wan's colleague, another guy is one of the ladies' husband. So, just imagine women + bandung = SHOPPING!!


Day 1 (Friday , Feb 20)

Depart from KLIA @ 9:10 a.m
Arrive at Jakarta @ 10:00 a.m
Travelling time is about 2 hours but since Jakarta is +7 GMT so that's why it looks as if the travelling time is only 1 hour :D

We rent a KIA Preggio and a supir (driver) to move around. They cost us Rp 600,000 (RM 180) per day. Also we have to pay for:

1) fuel
2) toll
3) parking
4) driver's meal
5) etc.. enterance fee for example

Don't even think of renting the car without a supir because first of all, not many company offers that option. Secondly, you may feel intimidated driving there. I didn't say Indonesian drivers are reckless, it just that everybody there are so 'accomodating' that sometimes they change lanes or
overtake you eventho there's only little space in between you and the car in front of you and whenever there's 'macet' (traffic jam), you'll find the vehicle are so close to each other it's a wonder nobody knocked anything.

The journey to Bandung took us about 2-3 hours. We had lunch at a Padang restaurant there. The food were pretty okay.

After check-in to the hotel Karmila in Jalan Dago (Rp 300,000 per night ~ about RM 92.10), what else? Shopping lah!!

We went to :

1) Rumah Mode - nice shop. Macam boutique gittew. Lots of branded t-shirts, jeans, dresses, kids clothes, jacket. I didn't buy anything here.

2) Jalan Chihampelas - So many shops here. Selling jeans, t-shirt, bags, etc. I don't know lah authentic or not but I bought a pair of jeans here. When I got back to Malaysia I felt sooo menyesal for not buying 4 or 5 pairs 'coz the jeans was so comfortable!!

3) The Heritage
Bought a blouse here. The price is not that cheap but how often do I find blouse that I like with MY SIZE in Malaysia, huh? Never. One thing I love about shopping in Bandung is that, they ALWAYS have my size.. haha..

Later that night, I bought an Indonesian SIM card and called my friend Mel in Jakarta. She's my friend since primary school, then she went to Bandung to study medicine and fell in love with an Indonesian guy. They got married and live in Jakarta. I asked Mel for suggestions on what to see/do in Bandung. She said I MUST go to :

- Tangkuban Perahu - it's an active volcano
- Kampung Daun - a nice restaurant at a waterfall
- Sapu Lidi - a nice restaurant also.. di tengah2 sawah

and I must eat :

- Pisang bakar keju coklat
- jagung bakar (with spicy marinade)
- mee kocok
- batagor Riri (batagor = BAkso TAuhu GOreng) - I later discover that Indonesian have a penchant to shortformed words - eg: Bandara (Bandar udara = airport), narkoba (narkotika dan obat/bahan berbahaya)

We we so exhausted so we didn't go out at night.


Day 2 (Saturday, Feb 21)

Lucky I proposed to go to Tangkuban Perahu 'coz else, we gonna spend most of our time wasting money shopping. I'm not those travel-to-shop kind of girl. Shopping usually is the least important part of travelling. So, don't expect me to buy souvenir lah.. :P


Along the way to Tangkuban Perahu, we saw a lot of stalls selling fresh vegetables and fruits. The weather became cooler - like Cameron Highland. They also sell 'kelinchi' (rabbit), as pet and as food (hahha).

When we reach Tangkuban Perahu, we were greeted by the smell of fart sulphur, and mobs of peddler try to sell us keychains, strawberries and stuff. The view's so beautiful!

I bought some t-shirt at the stalls, and out of curiosity and pity I bought the raspberry and strawberry from this one fella. The strawberries were so yummy, I kid you not! The sweetest I ever tasted! The raspberry also cheap! A wet dream for a baker like me.

On the way back we stop by a warung to have a look at the rabbit and ate sate kelinchi.. Yes, I am evil. I sanggup makan arnab2 yg comel ittew!

By noon, we're ready to go shopping again.

Ladies, Pasar Baru is the place to go if you're into all sulaman (embroidery) stuff (kebaya, telekung, etc). Lots of kain lace for bakal pengantin baru also. Rambang mata you! I borong a lot of baju bersulam there 'coz I cannot chose. My plan was to sell them to my friends in Malaysia.. (and double the price.. muhuhhuhahha).
Day 3 (Sunday , Feb 22)

Off we go to Jakarta. But before that, we stop by Kartika Sari and Amanda to buy the ever so famous Chocolate Brownie. It's so damn sedap you know? The chocolate so rich and the moist texture.. mmm.. Coklat brownie Amanda ini hanya ada di Bandung ok? Harga Rp 20, 000 per box.

In Jakarta, we stayed at Ibis Tamarin (Rp 300,000 something per night). After check-in, we go to Tanah Abang to.. what else.. shopping lah lagi. Then to Grand Indonesia sebuah mall yg aku rasa lebih kelas dari KLCC. Then, we go to the Atrium.

Oh, actually when we reach Jakarta, we went to Monas (Monumen Nasional). Macam KL Tower laa.. but so many people queueing to naik the tower.



Day 4 (Monday, Feb 23)

Shopping again in Mangga Dua. You could buy kebaya/telekung/bags here. The price almost the same as in Pasar Baru. Probably less crowded here, I think (or is it because it was a working day) day - Monday) By that time, I was so sick of shopping. Two of our friends (the ceweks) got food poisoning. The other married couple still shopped! Entah berapa ribu RINGGIT la depa habis.

Oh, lupa nak cakap, 4 org tu balik Malaysia sehari awal. So, it just me and Wan hanging around in Jakarta. We asked the supir to take us to Kelapa Gading where my friend Mel stayed. Mel still at the hospital (she's a doctor) so the bibik la buka pintu for us and showed us our room. [aku malas ler nak citer betapa kelasnya kawasan perumahan dia.. tapi ko just imagine la hantaran kahwin dia jer kalau org biasa boleh dapat 4 bini sekali gus]. :D

Mlm tu Mel bawak kami keluar makan seafood Indon style. hehe.. Tapi aku rasa tak boleh celen Bagan Lalang punya seafood lah [tapi sebab org belanja sedap jer lah]. Then she took us to a dessert stall. We tried "Tape Bakar" and "Pisang Bakar Keju". Wan and I didn't really into tapai bakar but the grilled banana and cheese is quite good.


Day 5 (Tuesday, Feb 24)

Mel worked that day, so I woke up early to salam her and what-not. Can you believe she went to work at 5.30 a.m!! Well, 5.45 pun dah sunrise there. She said there's a lot of spa near her house (Rp 100,000 ~ Rm 31 for 3 hours treatment, can you believe that?) and if I like she could call a masseur so that I could get a massage in the comfort of her house for a price of.. get this, Rp 60,000 ~ RM 18! Of course la I said yes. I gave another RM 6 for her tips.

After relaxing (felt like 'orang kaya' with maid attending our needs and all.. hahah), off we went to airport. Balik Malaysia la.

I felt kind of sick on the plane. Turns out the next day, aku pulak kena food poisoning (siap demam2 sejuk segala). Terus MC (hahaha).

Secara keseluruhan aku rasa trip ni ok lah. Yg kurang best pasal tak dpt kawan trip yg sekepala dgn kami so adalah beberapa tempat menarik yg kami tak pergi... sebab nak mengejarkan shopping sangat. Tak perlah... tengah bulan ni kami akan berjalan2 lagi.. ke Hong Kong! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment